Marina And The Diamonds post comeback video for new single 'Radioactive'

Photo: Photo: Press

Marina And The Diamonds have posted the video for their new single 'Radioactive'online.

The track, which has a release date of October 3, will serve as a stop gap before the second album from Marina Diamandis, which is set for release in early 2012. You can hear the track at the bottom of the page.

Speaking about the song, Diamandis claimed that her approach to songwriting had "changed completely" and that her new material was more "streamlined" and "minimalistic".

She said:
I wrote 'Radioactive' in New York in the middle of a heat wave. Introduced to a glittering new nightlife, I fell in love with New York; it has this magic, fizzing white energy that no other city in the world has. I felt happy and was inspired to write a song that felt light and euphoric, a more streamlined, minimalistic style of songwriting.

She added:
I have changed my approach to songwriting completely, and as a result, written songs that I would never have written on my on (i.e on my shit Argos keyboard alone in my bedroom in London).


The singer also dropped another hint that her new album would be called 'Electra Heart', after the phrase was also included in thevideo teaser for the LP that was posted online earlier this month.

Diamandis said:
I've been working hard on my new album for a year and a half and hope'Radioactive' can tide you over until it's ready… (Argos still features on some of the songs). I'd love to introduce you all to something soon. An Ancient Greek tragedy, old Hollywood fantasy… 'Electra Heart'. M x x

1 comment:

  1. Online degree are a good choice in planning to take up a course that will open many doors of employment opportunities for you in the future, for more information Read more for more details

    ReplyDelete